Gun Cupboard

Here is a method of making a cupboard.In precise a gun cabinet.This method can be used for different things, which include a bench, that's the time-lapse video.All wood was recycled, handiest screws and hinges were sold.Documentation receives a bit sketchy in the direction of the give up as other tasks took precedent. Bare with me!Step 1: Plan

Rough planning, I recognise.A lot of time changed into certainly spent finding out the format of the portions.Hopefully, the description of the build steps will make up for brief comings on this step.Step 2: Build the Frame

Main body portions include 2x4s. For the height of the cabinet, I used 2"x4"x6's ripped down the center (1.five"X1.25") facing the facet. I trimmed them for an universal height of about 56".I used one 2x4 cut 13" long laying flat on the bottom and one status vertical on the pinnacle.Repeat for the opposite side.19" 2x4s sitting vertically related the edges.You can see I split the wood and used a screw to keep it together.Step three: Attach the Back

I cut the lower back portions to cover the entire surface of the cupboard unit.My sheets of plywood come 44"x44."I cut a chunk 22"x44" and a bit 22"x12" for the back panel to mount flush on the returned of the body.Your measurements will vary depending for your mission.Step 4: Add the Walls

Unlike the lower back going through, the partitions will mount at the inner.For this, after the general length measuring, the frame base should be reduce in.I degree how far up, and inside the backside of the body protrudes into the wall with the intention to mount the wall as flush as viable.Hopefully, the pix provide this step justice, has I am having difficulty putting it into words.I upload the pinnacle piece of the wall inside the identical fashion.I didn't amplify this piece of the wall to the pinnacle of the body in order that it may help to top of the cupboard.It sits recessed about 2" from the top of the frame.Step 5: Drop inside the Bottom

The bottom will rest on the 2x4's we had laying flat on the body.I make an apology I failed to get a picture before screwing the bottom in - it'd have made a bit extra experience - but its a incredible easy drop in.Step 6: Drop the Top

Alright, some other curse myself because I concept I had better pics than simply these.The pinnacle is just a rectangular, or square piece rather, that rests at the indoors wall portions.However, I screwed it into the body for guide.This might not maintain a fantastic deal of weight however continues the dirt out.Step 7: Side Pieces

I measured and screwed in a few 2x4's to cover the joints of the plywood sides.Step 8: Enterior Effects

For a gun cupboard, you'll want a few barrel rests.Barrel rests have been carved in 2x4's the usage of a jig noticed. I unfastened-handed the shape a set distance from one side of a 2x4 and same distance apart.But perhaps you simply want some shelves.Or perhaps each.The barrel rests I screwed in from the outdoor.Likewise, I screwed in mounts for indoors shelves.The shelves themselves have been screwed in from inner.Step 9: Door

Build the body, similar to before, using 2x4's; A square maintains the body, properly, square.A piece dropped in near the alternative side pieces to cover the plywood gap and offer some visual continuity.I toed the screws in.However, a few went via the other side or I did not sink completely for worry that they might sink via the body.The screws that protruded I used an attitude grinder to grind flush with the wooden.Step 10: Door Covering

I routed a groove to mount the door panels.The groove changed into no longer quite flush, however labored out well.The pieces of plywood door panels I measured and reduce off the corners to suit properly.I used a pneumatic brad nailer, as a substitute amateur-like I might add, to mount the panels within the door.Afterhours, I routed a fancy groove within the front of the door.The uneven body supplied some uneven routing.Step 11: Door Hinges

Unfortunately, door hinge documentary got quite a piece skimped on.don't worry, greater disappointment to come back.I lined up in which I wanted the door at the cupboard.Next I lined up the hinges at the facet and inside of each the cupboard and the door.I routed in a groove for the hinges on both the cupboard and door, predrilled pilot holes for the screws, and secured the hinges.Step 12: Sand, Caulk,& Paint

Sorry there may be no images of sanding, caulking, & portray.Sanding allows prevent splinters, and facilitates the paint bond better.I have sanded.I have received paint.However, everyday this cupboard sits on my driveway its situations worsen so I need to get it inner.Painting would possibly ought to keep off till subsequent season.Caulking will assist keep bugs and moisture out. Here is a primary cabinetYou may also decide upon a greater professional method.You might also choose to apply a lining, consisting of felt.I am nevertheless working on a locking mechanism besides the currentscrew through the door.Hopefully, every other instructable will come for that!Be the First to ShareRecommendations

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Homemade Wood Gun Cabinet

How To Make A Diy Gun Cupboard: The Clean Way

6 Great Hvlp Spray Gun For Woodworking